Monday, August 25, 2008

The Expat Mandi-Mandi @ Ulu Yam

Ok, I can safely say it's been a helluva long time since I had a dip in the river/mandi sungai. Try pre-pubescent. Took me back to when I was about six years old when my uncle used to take us nieces and nephews to Pertak near Kuala Kubu Baru...the good ol days. Anyway, we at the office decided to have a picnic outing last Saturday. Our IT guy Rusli suggested the idea of a barbecue so suffice to say we were gamed! We went to Ulu Yam...down in the boonies somewhere after Batu Caves. On the way there we passed this pretty lake/dam (I forgot what it's called now) and the area was just so picturesque. I was definitely pumped. Nice to escape KL for once and get back to nature.

So, we convoyed from Batu Caves and finally reached there after 10am. Although it had been chucking the day before, we were blessed with beautiful weather until we left at 3pm. I forgot how freaking cold the stream water was...being the wuss I am (sometimes) I had to gingerly dunk; limb by limb. And then I just went for it...cccccoolld! I thought it was just me but then a certain person I know gave this expression - "Mother fucker thats cold!". :-)



green leaf ;


name
name: aida a
location: subang jaya, selangor
me: I am what you see. This is me.



links ; Brendon
. Hilyah
. Liyana
. Vann
. Ka Ling
. Karuna
. Radd
. Boost That Brain! . When Bored, Do Dumb Things ... Like These .

tagboard ;






Powered by Blogger

layout by sarah